Sophie Daley-Harris, Psychology (Intended), BMC ’23

Praxis Fieldwork Seminar: Promoting Change Thru Service (Prof. Martin)

Faculty Adviser: James Martin

Field Site: Friends Child Care Center

Field Supervisor: Raechel O’Neal Coats

Praxis Projects:

Sophie created guides for educators and parents of preschool-aged children about 1) how to talk to kids about Coronavirus, and 2) how to help them with the eventual transition to “normal”.

S Daley-Harris Talking to Kids about Coronavirus

Please click here to access a PDF version of the document.

S Daley-Harris Return to Normal Guide

7 thoughts on “Sophie Daley-Harris, Psychology (Intended), BMC ’23

1. Christine Huang

Hi Sophie! Your resources are very nicely done! I agree that parents should not overwhelm their children with too much information. I am wondering if it is necessary to mention the term coronavirus or tell them that “Many people are getting sick”. I like how you also create a resource about transitioning to normal which can be just as difficult. This concern is often overlooked. I agree that a sense of routine and consistency is crucial.

2. Eliane

I’m super impressed with these Sophie. These resources look super professional and share a lot of information very accesibly. Great work!

3. Nell Anderson

Hi Sophie,

I just read your resource guides and would like to share them with my daughter and with friends that have pre-school age children. It that okay with you? I was particularly interested in the guide Anticipating the Return to “Normal.” It might be a long time before children are able to return to school and I imagine that it will be quite an adjustment for them.
    I imagine it was disappointing to you for your internship to have been interrupted this semester. It’s wonderful that you were able to continue remotely by doing research into this topic and to produce materials for teachers and families.
    I have a feeling I will see you again in other Praxis courses. Looking forward to that!

Nell

4. Anya Capps

Hi Sophie!
    This resource is so impressive and informative. It really looks and reads like something you would find online when searching for such information. I’m sure the parents at Friends Child Care Center will make great use of this 🙂

5. Lise Reno

Hi Sophie,

You did a fantastic job with these resource guides. I like how you presented the information in a way that is easily accessible (very important for harried parents of young children!) while at the same time, very professionally. Your project is so utilitarian and I could see it getting shared widely!

Lise

6. Madi Becker

Hello Raechel. Your resource guide look great! My mother is a school psychologist, so these are the kinds of resources she has to provide to parents and children all the time. I think you really made something that’s incredibly useful in this crazy time of COVID.