Rosemarie Fettig, English & Museum Studies, BMC ’20

Museum Studies Fieldwork Seminar (Prof. Scott)

Faculty Advisor: Monique Scott

Field Site: The Barnes Foundation

Field Supervisor: Andrea Çakars

Fieldwork Description:

As a Registration Intern at the Barnes, I participated in the preparation for and installation of the special exhibition “Marie Cuttoli: The Modern Thread from Míro to Man Ray” by keeping the exhibition checklist updated with shipping information for loan objects in the show. I also did a significant amount of records management work, including generating object fact sheets and inventory shelf lists, as well as entering insurance records into the collections database.

Final Presentation:

Fettig - Fieldwork site presentation

Please click here to access a PDF version of the presentation.

3 thoughts on “Rosemarie Fettig, English & Museum Studies, BMC ’20

1. Alexandra Stern

I’ve loved hearing about your work with the registrar each week! It seems like a field that is perfectly suited to your skills 🙂

2. Tessa

Hey Rosemarie,

Congrats on all your great work this semester at the Barnes!! It was clear from checking in with Andrea that you’ve done stellar work and made an amazing connection. I hope you were able to continue working remotely–and great job again!

Warmly,
    Tessa

3. Liv Raddatz Post author

Hi Rosemarie,
    I really enjoyed learning about your fieldwork at the Barnes Museum! I didn’t know much about the role of a registrar in the museum context. After reading your presentation, I have a much better sense of this important and complex position. It seems like you got an excellent sense of the various facets of the work as you helped prepare the Cuttoli exhibit. I loved reading how you made use of your notes on maintaining collections databases (TMS) from previous internship/work experiences. It sounds like you were well prepared to make meaningful contributions and the database skills came in very handy when you had to shift to remote fieldwork.

Thanks for sharing your Praxis experiences and congrats on your upcoming graduation!
    Liv