Anya Capps, Linguistics, BMC ’20

Praxis Fieldwork Seminar: Promoting Change Thru Service (Prof. Martin)

Faculty Adviser: James Martin

Field Site: Cradles to Crayons

Field Supervisor: Christina Weinhardt

Praxis Project: 

Anya created a flyer on how to support families in need from home.

A Capps C2C Flyer

Please click here to access a PDF version of the flyer.

7 thoughts on “Anya Capps, Linguistics, BMC ’20

1. Christine Huang

Hey Anya! Your resource looks great – well done! I see that it is about how families can support other families when social distancing. I wonder how the flyer will be distributed to other people.

2. Eliane

Hi Anya,
    The graphics on this are so fun! What did you use to make this flyer? I love how you integrated the values of C2C with information that you need to share with the public.

3. Jeremy Akin

Anya,

Undoubtedly, during this unprecedented moment in human history we must come together and support those who are suffering the most. For those of us in privileged positions it is easy to forget that many people have been hit much harder by the COVID-19 crisis. If anything, this pandemic has exposed the absurd inequalities in our society. I am so impressed with your Praxis placement’s efforts to help those in the most dire need. I hope they can safely reopen soon to continue their important and impactful work.

Absolute best,
    Jeremy

4. Lise Reno

Hi Anya,

Your flier looks great! I like how you made the process for donations so easy to understand. I feel like we are so inundated with so much information, especially now with so much to communicate about how we are doing everything differently in every aspect of our lives. Your flier makes the process and information regarding donations easy to read and digest and it’s eye-catching! It’s important for people to feel that they have some agency during this time and that there’s something concrete that they can do to help one another.

Lise

5. Madi Becker

Hi Anya. I love your project. I think right now a lot of people feel like they want to help people but are overwhelmed by the scale of the current situation. You’ve done a great job making the process for donation seem easy. I like that you took a semester of work that was interrupted by COVID, adapted it, and made something important out of it.

6. Sofia Mondragon

Hi Anya,

I think your project is very impressive. I think now more than ever people feel that they want to help one another but don’t know how. You did a great job of adapting your project and helping even more people than before. The flier was easy to read and very pleasing to the eye!

7. Noor Banihashem Ahmad

Love this poster! It was a pleasure to be in class with you this semester and hear about all the work that you did.