Christine Huang, Psychology, BMC ’20

Praxis Fieldwork Seminar: Promoting Change Thru Service (Prof. Martin)

Faculty Advisor: James Martin

Field Site: Parkway West High School

Field Supervisor: Arlene Capers

Final Project: 

Christine created lists of resources for students with autism and special needs, who are pursuing a college education.

C Huang College Scholarships for Students with Autism

Please click here to access a PDF version of the document.

C Huang Financial Aid Options for Students with Special Needs

8 thoughts on “Christine Huang, Psychology, BMC ’20

1. Sophie Daley-Harris

Great work, Christine! Those scholarships will be a very needed resource for these students and their families. I appreciate your Financial Aid Options, but wonder if there’s a particular starting point of the questions or an order you’re supposed to be reading the different options in. The information is fantastic, I’m just curious about the layout!

2. Eliane

Love this Christine! I really like the way you used a flowchart for the scholarship information. Super easy to understand and shares a lot of information in a quick and concise way.

3. Megan Pongratz

Nice work on this project, Christine! Really great practical resources.

4. Sydney Robertson

Thanks, Christine for doing this important research and gathering resources for students with an autism diagnosis in one easy to find place. I really like the suggested questions for students to reflect on while creating their college essays. Nice project!

5. Anya Capps

Hi Christine!
    This resource is incredible and so well written. I especially love the financial aid flowchart — it really highlights how much support these students can get. Great work!

6. Lise Reno

Nice job, Christine! I know that this will be a valuable resource for families and I appreciate how you were able to pivot your fieldwork to be able to support the work of Ms. Capers’ classroom as they move forward.

7. Madi Becker

Hello Christine. I love what you’ve done with this project! I’m glad you got to go out and make tangible change in these students’ lives. It sounds like you’ve helped to make colleges a more accessible place, which is wonderful. Everyone should have the opportunity to access education, as you’ve proven.

8. Noor

A very detailed guide!
    It is really nice to see that even though you were not able to be there is person, you were able to get something great out of this while also creating something useful.